Tips to help your vehicle pass the first time
|Glendale Smog Check & Test Only
425 S. Central Ave. Glendale CA 91204
We want your vehicle to pass the first time, and you can help to make it happen.
1. Check for correct fluid levels of following:
2. Change your motor oil & filter if you have not done it in more than 5000 miles.
3. Verify that there are no warning lights illuminated on the dashboard,
disregard ABS & SRS lights or faulty wiring which can turn some lights on.
4. Drive your vehicle for about 3 to 5 miles to ensure it reaches its normal
5. Make sure your gas cap is not missing or deteriorated, if in doubt, buy a new
one. A bad or missing gas cap will fail your entire smog inspection.
For customers who have 1996 and newer vehicles and require smog inspection.
In addition to measuring tailpipe emissions on these vehicles, they will undergo a
computer/sensor check-up via the OBD-II connector, to verify that all
emissions control systems are working properly.
The test is as follows:
1. Testing equipment checks for presence of trouble codes in vehicle's computer
A: No codes present= passes test.
B: Codes present= fails test.
2. Testing equipment checks for status of check engine light and emissions
control systems readiness.
A: Light off= passes test.
B: Light on= fails test.
C: Model year 1996 to 1999, all emissions control systems ready and up to any one
not ready=passes test.
D: Two or more emissions control systems not ready=fails test.
E: Model year 2000 and newer only evap system is allowed as incomplete to pass
Events that will affect emissions control systems readiness are:
1. Computer was recently reset or replaced.
2. Battery was recently replaced or discharged.
3. Dealer recalls which may have required computer reprogramming
If this has occurred within 24 hours of your intention to bring your vehicle in for
the smog inspection, drive your vehicle normally for another 24 hours, if
possible include some freeway driving, this will ensure that all monitored
emissions control systems get ready.
If you need more information please call us 818 288-4647 or visit the web